Ringworm of the skin is always accompanied by unpleasant symptoms in the form of itching, redness and peeling. That's why everyone should be aware of foot fungus. Home treatment is more popular as it does not require financial costs and is no worse than expensive drugs from a pharmacy in terms of effectiveness.
In traditional medicine, there are many ways to help get rid of this problem quickly and easily. The main condition is to start treatment as soon as the first signs of an infectious disease appear.
The most effective home remedies:
- medical iodine;
- hydrogen peroxide;
- celandine grass;
- apple essence;
- sodium bicarbonate.
When using, it should be borne in mind that these components can cause side effects in the form of dry skin or peeling.
This is due to the fact that it is the drying effect that creates obstacles for the growth and reproduction of pathogens.
Ordinary iodine copes well with fungal infections, it is used for treatment with antiseptics. In addition, it contains substances that negatively affect the protein compounds of the pathogenic flora, therefore, after several applications, the growth of the fungus is stopped.
Some recipes that will help to cure foot fungus at home:
- You will need 5 liters of hot water and 3 tablespoons of iodine. Mix everything and lower the sick limbs into this solution, hold for about half an hour. Then dry your feet well. You need to take this bath every day until the disease disappears.
- For the next remedy, you need to prepare medicinal alcohol and iodine in a ratio of 1: 1. Mix everything well, moisten a cotton swab in the liquid and treat the affected areas of the skin with it. It is better to carry out such therapeutic measures every day at night. As a rule, after 7-10 days, the severity of symptoms decreases.
Treatment with iodine is not recommended for people with individual intolerance, as well as in the presence of thyroid diseases. In addition, such formulations cause skin dryness, and the wrong dosage can cause severe burns.
Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a healing compress. To do this, you need to take a 3% solution, abundantly moisten the gauze bandage and apply it to the legs for 20-30 minutes. To enhance the effect, you can place a plastic wrap over the bandage and wrap it with a warm tissue on top. This procedure is performed twice a day for 7 days.
Such applications prevent the spread of infection and provide antiseptic treatment. After the session, the itching and unpleasant smell of the feet, which cause athlete's foot, are significantly reduced.
Peroxide baths are also very popular. To do this, you need to dilute 4 large spoons of the solution in two liters of water, put your feet in the basin and keep it there for exactly 2 hours. Repeat the activity in the morning and at night.
The benefits of celandine
This plant has long been known for its beneficial properties in the treatment of many skin diseases. You can cure leg fungus with fresh and dry celandine.
To prepare a solution for cooking affected limbs, you will need 3 tablespoons of the crushed plant and 1 cup of boiling water. It is necessary to boil the mixture for about 10 minutes, cool it a little and steam the legs in the solution for 20 minutes. It is recommended that such herbal medical procedures be performed twice a day.
Lotions help a lot. It is necessary to moisten a cotton swab or a clean cloth in a decoction of celandine and apply it to the place where the fungus appeared. Wait 20 minutes, remove the bandage and let the skin dry or saturate it with a dry cloth.
In severe cases, the use of pure celandine juice is recommended. You can get it directly from the flower.
To do this, you need to make a new section, cut it along the length and attach it to the problem area. Repeat this event every three days until full recovery.
This plant is poisonous, so decoctions and infusions must be prepared correctly, following the exact recipe and dosage. Before using, you should consult a doctor, as this herb can cause allergic reactions, burns, and after ingestion - poisoning.
One of the most effective antimicrobials is apple cider vinegar. To prepare a healing foot bath, you need to dissolve 3 tablespoons of acid in water (5 liters) and mix. The procedure takes twenty minutes and is required every day.
You can prepare the necessary solution for antifungal application. Take the essence and water in equal volumes, soak the gauze in this liquid and apply to the affected foot, fix and hold for 25 minutes.
Before using any of these products, it is necessary to treat the skin around the lesions with a rich antiseptic cream. This will protect healthy skin from excessive dryness, flakiness, and possible infections.
Other fighting methods
There are many other home remedies for treating foot fungus. One of them is regular baking soda. The drug can be prepared according to the following folk recipes:
- Pour a spoon of soda and iodized salt into a bowl of hot water, mix everything well and soak the limbs in this solution. It will be enough to engage in such activities for half an hour a day. After that, be sure to dry your feet with a towel and put on clean socks.
- The next bath is prepared a little differently. Tar soap is grated, you will need 2 tablespoons and the same amount of soda. Both components are added to hot water (7 liters) and mixed. The application method is similar to the previous one.
- Soda applications have a good antifungal effect, but they have a significant drawback - they dry out the skin a lot. To prepare the solution, you need to take baking soda (3 tablespoons) and boiled water (4 tablespoons). Mix everything, apply the resulting mixture to the wounds. Wait exactly 10 minutes and you can wash.
- Another effective remedy is used as follows: the place where the fungus has formed is sprinkled abundantly with baking soda, left in that form for five minutes, and then poured with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Wait for the composition to react and foam, wait a few minutes and you can rinse.
- Many people use tar soap to fight fungus. It contains substances that contribute to the drying of the epidermis and eliminate sweating and odor that occur during illness. Doctors advise using it for preventive purposes, for this it is enough to wash your feet every day with soap and water.
- Tar soap can be used as compresses, they are especially helpful in the early stages. To do this, crush a piece and dissolve it in boiling water. In this solution, the tissue is moistened and applied to the lesion for 20 to 25 minutes.
- An indoor aloe flower will help get rid of the problem. This family doctor has a very healthy juice. For cooking, you need to cut the leaves, chop them and pour boiling water. Leave the healing solution on for 3-4 hours so that it is well infused. It is better to dip a medical swab and treat the skin in the right place. Such activities should be performed twice a day.
- Fresh lemon also fights ringworm, it is cut into slices and applied for a quarter of an hour to problem areas of the body. Citrus fruits can also help eliminate the smell if you smear the juice on your feet at night.
Another simple yet effective cure for the fungus is made from garlic. There are several preparation options:
- Take a few slices, turn them into a pulp and squeeze well through a sterile dressing. Dip a cotton swab into the resulting garlic juice and treat the affected area. This procedure is repeated three times a day.
- Mix the squeezed garlic porridge and onion juice. Apply the composition to a clean cloth in the furnace. Secure with a bandage and leave for half an hour.
Garlic will have an antibacterial effect on the infection and stop the growth of pathogenic microflora, removing the smell. For greater effectiveness, it is recommended to perform this procedure every day.
Tips and tricks
Before proceeding with the treatment of cutaneous mycosis, it is necessary to eliminate what was in contact with the infected skin. Perhaps:
They should not be thrown away, but boiled and then washed in any disinfectant. The use of unsanitary footwear is strongly discouraged. This will cause a reinfection.
At the time of treatment, it is worth abandoning socks made of synthetic materials, it is preferable to use products made of natural fabric. Shoes must also be properly selected so that they do not burn or rub, feet in them must in no case sweat or squeeze. This is due to the fact that it is sweat that is a favorable environment for the pathogen. Under such conditions, the pathogenic microflora progresses and multiplies.
Folk remedies are most effective in combination with drug therapy. In this case, the elimination of ringworm from the skin will be much faster.