Most of the time, the fungus starts on the toes. Because? For the development of the fungus, high humidity, heat and lack of ventilation are required. All of this is entirely consistent with the conditions created when wearing low-quality or tight shoes.
The occurrence of interdigital fungi on the legs is due to the fact that very favorable conditions are often created for the development of pathogenic microorganisms in this part of the human body. That is why it is very important to carefully monitor the cleanliness and hygiene of this area.
If the necessary set of preventive measures is implemented, the risk of infection is minimized. When it was not possible to avoid infection, it is necessary to systematically and comprehensively approach the treatment process so that the fungus on the toes disappears completely. If a fungus appears between the toes, treatment should begin immediately.
How is the fungus between the fingers?
The skin between the fingers is soft and thin. Also, the fingers are pressed together. With the smallest cracks, microtraumas or scratches, the interdigital space is an ideal environment for the development of mycoses.
Its main symptoms are as follows:
- In the interdigital space are found: peeling, deep cracks, damage, around which a roll of unexfoliated cells is formed, redness of the skin.
- Sometimes a fungal infection is complicated by a bacterial infection.
- The period of active peeling is replaced by cracks in the skin and diaper rash around the cracks.
- Itching or burning sensation.
- The peeling doesn't go away, but it continues to spread to other fingers.
- The advanced stage of the fungus between the toes can affect the nails and cause onychomycosis to develop.
Skin fungus cannot be cured with conventional creams and topical treatments that help with other injuries. If similar symptoms appear between your fingers and do not go away for a long time, you should see a doctor and get tested for types of fungal pathogens.
Treating a fungal infection is complicated by the fact that it takes a long time for final recovery. Sometimes it looks like the fungus is defeated, but it comes back and the fight starts again. Treatment takes a lot of time, effort, and expensive drugs. Which, in addition, have a negative effect on the liver and kidneys. Therefore, in the treatment of fungus between the toes, it is worth using not only medicines, but also effective treatment with home and folk remedies.
Fungal treatment in pregnant women
Any treatment during pregnancy is prescribed with caution, as the drugs can harm the fetus. Also, antifungal drugs that have a wide range of side effects. Even external agents are actively absorbed through the skin and can cause an unnecessary reaction, so all consultations are carried out under the supervision of a doctor.
It is better to treat the fungus between the toes during pregnancy with the help of folk recipes and home remedies, they will not cause an unwanted reaction and will not have any side effects. Unlike medical treatment.
- Soda salt foot baths: 15 grams of soda and 30 grams of sea salt or iodized salt are dissolved in a liter of warm water. The bath is taken for half an hour, then the feet are rinsed with clean water and the top layer is removed with a sponge or brush. An alcoholic solution of iodine is applied to a dry surface, abundantly moistening a cotton swab. This cauterization with iodine after the bath is done several times.
- Compress for the night using birch tar: it is applied in a thick layer on gauze swabs and placed between the fingers and under the toes. It is necessary to fix the compress with aluminum foil or compressive paper. When using tar, improvement can take place very quickly.
- Fresh onion juice - used as an external agent, applied between fingers at night. This folk remedy effectively treats skin fungus between the toes.
- During pregnancy, salicylic and zinc ointments, which have an antifungal effect, are not contraindicated for use. Zinc ointment will also help to deal with foot perspiration. These funds are best used after therapeutic baths.
- Baths with apple cider vinegar or wine: fingers are immersed in a small amount of vinegar for 10-15 minutes. After the procedure, the legs are washed with clean water and treated with iodine.
All procedures will be more effective if you first steam your legs in hot water, and then remove the top layer of skin with a brush or sponge.
Treatment of young children
Treating fungus between the toes in children is complicated by the age of the child. Most antifungal medications are contraindicated in children under 2 years of age. Treatment with improvised and folk remedies also causes certain problems: adults are ready to endure discomfort to get rid of the fungus between the fingers, and the child is unlikely to agree with a compress of vinegar or vodka. Therefore, the most economical compositions based on plant components remain.
- A decoction of absinthe is used as baths for 20-30 minutes. 150 grams of dry grass are poured with a liter of boiling water and heated in a water bath for 30 minutes. After cooling, the decoction is ready to use.
- Chicken egg, 15 grams of 9% vinegar and 15 grams of vegetable or butter. The ingredients are mixed and the day is infused in the refrigerator. With the composition, you can make compresses at night by moistening cotton swabs and placing them between your fingers. They very gently and effectively allow you to exfoliate the skin between your toes and cure foot fungus.
- Fresh leaves of celandine in the amount of 1. 5 tablespoons are chopped and poured with a liter of hot water. Insist under the lid until cool, use for baths for 15-20 minutes.
- After any remedy, you need to rinse your feet with clean water and generously lubricate the surface between your toes with iodine.
Recipes for the treatment of fungus between the toes based on iodine, ammonia, vinegar essence, boric acid have proven themselves well.
- Mix ammonia, table vinegar and iodine in equal proportions and let it ferment. The solution must become transparent. Dip a cotton swab well in this product and hold it on the affected surface for several minutes. The tool effectively kills the fungus, but should not be used if there are cracks, open wounds, or bacterial infection.
- Boric acid powder can be used to treat the fungus like a compress, placing it between your toes overnight.
General rules for treating fungi
When treating a fungus by any means, remember:
- There may be an individual allergic reaction to any agent, composition or product. If you feel worse, it is best to stop the medicine.
- If a bacterial infection has joined the fungal infection, and in addition to peeling, pustules, crusts, vesicles are observed, then the skin is pretreated with bactericidal drying agents. For example, a solution of potassium permanganate, fukartsin, bright green. After the bacterial infection is eliminated, the fungus is treated.
- Products with active ingredients such as vinegar, ammonia, boric acid and others should not be applied if there are open wounds or cracks. They can cause severe tissue burns.
When treating any type of fungus, you should be patient and pick up individual household products: a set of manicures, brushes, files, a basin, and so on. Also, these tools must be used correctly. Thus, you will protect your loved ones from the fungus.