Many of us face an unpleasant illness like nail fungus or, in other words, onychomycosis. This is a very common disease that can affect the nail plate. Slowly, the disease passes from the nail, which it destroys, to the depths of the finger. To diagnose this condition, you will need to contact a certified specialist who will test you and prescribe the appropriate treatment. It is important not only to start the treatment at the right time, but also to choose the right technique. They can be: creams and ointments, eye drops for the treatment of nail fungus, medications in general, including anti-inflammatory and antimicrobials.
Symptoms and treatment at different stages
Usually people don't think about the color of their nails and don't pay attention to them. Until the infected area starts to ache and draw attention to itself. But how can you still determine the presence of toenail fungus? There are several signs:
- In case the nail turns yellow or multicolored instead of light pink for no reason.
- If the nail plate itself starts to break or exfoliate.
- When the nail becomes abnormally thick or deformed, causing discomfort.
- In all cases where there is foot fungus.
- Red edges of skin in the nail area, a constant urge to scratch the diseased patch of skin, a burning sensation at the site of the nail injury.
To get rid of nail fungus in the early stages, local preparations are used - ointments or drops. They can also be used to prevent illness when the first symptoms appear. For example: itching, burning, irrational redness of the finger, peeling skin in the affected area, discoloration of the nail plate.
If the disease has already reached an advanced stage, it will not be possible to cure it quickly in this situation. Furthermore, it will not be enough to use drugs exclusively on the affected area. Nail fungus drops help in this case, but their use is not enough. The course of treatment is complemented with the use of medication inside.
In extreme cases, it is necessary to remove the nail to alleviate the patient's suffering. If you remove the infected area immediately, the treatment will be more effective and faster. There are several drops available to keep the plaque intact.
Droplet Components and Varieties
When choosing antifungal eye drops, first, you need to pay attention to two properties that this medicine should have:
Fortunately, most popular eye drops have both of these qualities and actively fight the disease. The main task of the doctor and the patient is to choose from a variety of medications the one that will most effectively help protect the nails from fungus.
Among the variety of drugs that, according to its advertisements, will help quickly and efficiently in the fight against a disease called nail fungus, there are popular products and practically unknown drugs.
Nail fungus drops are one of the most effective treatments. However, choosing from the modern wide variety of medications is not easy. It is necessary to focus on the main components of medicines.
Specificity and advantages of the application<2_img_rightxx>
After the exam, the doctor will prescribe the necessary medications. Having bought eye drops, before applying it to a sore finger, it is necessary to prepare it. This is an important condition, whose non-compliance can negatively affect the treatment, starting with ineffectiveness and ending with the worsening of the condition. First you need:
- Examine the finger and remove any contamination that could prevent the medication from reaching the affected area.
- To perform the maximum independent or surgical removal of the affected part of the nail, which contributes to a more effective treatment. It is necessary to cut and file the diseased part as much as possible.
- If possible, apply steam to the affected leg as the active substances penetrate the steam-cooked nail more easily.
The type of drug in question has certain advantages:
- Application Security. The drops can be used for years, which is necessary in advanced cases. In this case, there are no side effects from Organs internal organs or drug addiction, they do not enter the bloodstream, so there is no negative reaction.
- Special makeup. Drops are not as thick as ointments and their composition includes two types of active substances. All of this helps the drops to penetrate deeper and act on a broader spectrum in the case of fungal infection of the nail bed.
- Price. Do not forget such a trivial criterion, which is sometimes a serious barrier to buy medicinal drops and cure any disease.
- Convenience. All drops are equipped with special dispensers that do not allow the agent to be spilled and the possibility of overdose is totally excluded. It is very convenient, practical and economical, as they are specifically applied specifically to the focus of the disease.
- Simplicity. Treating the affected area with drops is very simple. In addition, the drops can be applied not only to the nail, but also under the nail plate as close to the wound as possible, without affecting healthy skin. This perfectly protects against a possible drug allergy.
- Efficiency. Antifungal drops are absorbed almost immediately after application and take effect. Do not keep the clothes and do not stain. They penetrate much deeper than ointments and sprays, they help to deal with the more advanced forms of the disease.
Given the characteristics of the disease itself, you need to be aware of prolonged use of antifungal medications. For many reasons, eye drops are better than other types of medications.
Despite the fact that all medications differ in an individual list of contraindications, there are still general recommendations that are the same for all types of drops:
- Individual intolerance to active drug substances. This means that if you have a severe allergy to drops, you should stop using them immediately.
- It is prohibited to apply drops and ointments of the fungus to an open wound or if the area of skin in this location is purulent.
- Pregnancy. As with almost all other drugs, the use of fungus drops during childbirth is allowed only if the risk to the mother is very great.
- Children under 12 years old. Each drug has its own limit, but almost all are prohibited from being used by children under 12 years of age. Age may decrease depending on the type of active ingredient in the drops.
Even seemingly harmless drops have contraindications. Any of the antifungal medications should be used with extreme caution. Each drug has its own list of contraindications, which you should familiarize yourself with before purchasing and using the drug.