Today, proven folk remedies for foot fungus are very popular. With the help of medicines and products available to everyone, you can get rid of ringworm for good.
Foot fungus cannot go unnoticed, as the patient complains of burning, itching and unpleasant odor. Painful cracks may appear between the fingers, the skin peels off. There is dull ringworm of the foot, in which the above symptoms may be absent. We invite you to familiarize yourself with the most effective methods of treating foot fungus with folk remedies.
Foot fungus perfectly eliminates the strongest antiseptic - iodine, as it has fungicidal and tanning properties. The drug causes proteins to clot, which leads to their death. The fungus that affects the foot has a protein structure, so iodine in the early stages helps to get rid of the disease.
Characteristics of drug use:
- Iodine should be applied to the affected area daily.
- The drug alcohol tincture can cause an allergic reaction. Therefore, a reaction test must be performed before treating the fungus. If there is no itching and irritation, the drug can be applied.
- Iodine should not be used in advanced cases.
Method 1. You need a bowl of hot water, to which you must add 20 drops of iodine. Feet affected by the fungus should be elevated for 30 minutes. After the specified time, it is necessary to lubricate the affected areas with hydrogen peroxide.
Method 2. Combined method. For the first 14 days, Fukortsin is applied to the area affected by the fungus (morning and evening). For the next 14 days, a 5% alcohol solution of iodine is used. Then 14 days - the affected areas are stained with 9% vinegar. After therapy, there is an interval of 10 days and the procedures are repeated.
Iodinol helps to eliminate fungal plaque from the foot. The most popular ways to fight athlete's foot:
Compress with Iodinol:
- Make lotions with the drug. Apply more iodinol to the gauze and the infected foot, wrap with aluminum foil and fix with plaster. The dressing should be changed every 10-12 hours. The course of treatment is 5 days, after which a break of 3 days is taken. When resting, lubricate the affected area with vegetable oil.
- The combination of Iodinol with celandine (powder) has been shown to be excellent, the components are mixed to a mush state. Apply the product in a dense layer on the foot or toes and wrap in plastic.
To enhance the effect of the treatment, before applying the ointment, make baths with washing powder and soda.
Foot fungus at home helps to heal with hydrogen peroxide. Experts say that several methods can be used to fight ringworm, but keep in mind that treatment can be time-consuming.
- Baths. You will need 2 liters of warm water and 50 ml of hydrogen peroxide. You should keep your feet in water with the medicine for 15 minutes. The baths are made with an interval of 1 day.
- Compress. You will need to wrap cotton soaked in hydrogen peroxide around the affected toes and feet. The compress is placed for 20 minutes. The manipulation is carried out in the morning and in the evening for 3 days.
- The easiest way is to apply hydrogen peroxide to the affected areas of the leg. Treatment with this folk remedy for foot fungus takes 3 to 6 months.
It should be borne in mind that if therapy is ineffective then it is necessary to move on to more serious treatment. Be sure to wear clean clothing after each procedure.
Soda is the best medicine for fungus. A dermatologist should be consulted before using this product.
- Bath. You will need 1 tablespoon of baking soda to 2 liters of water and 20 grams of washing powder. Add baking soda to 40°C water and scrub with washing powder. Hold your legs for 20 minutes. After bathing, it is forbidden to dry your feet, the skin must dry on its own. Then the affected areas are treated with a medicine prescribed by a specialist.
- Soda paste. You will need baking soda, water and lemon. You need to take a tablespoon of baking soda and gradually add water until you get a paste. Apply the product to the area affected by the fungus and then moisten the paste with a few drops of lemon juice. You will see the reaction immediately. After 5 minutes, rinse the mixture with warm water.
It is impossible to cure a running foot fungus with soda, make sure you use antifungal medications. Treatment with folk remedies will be effective if it does not contradict the doctor's recommendations.
Ringworm spreads to the skin of the feet in a neutral or slightly alkaline environment, so a popular fungus remedy like vinegar helps to overcome this serious condition.
Treating the fungus with vinegar is possible using the following recipes:
- Foot bath. A liter of warm water requires 100 ml of vinegar. You can use apple cider vinegar or 9% vinegar. The liquid should be at 50-60 °C, keep your feet for at least 30 minutes. If you don't feel tingling, add a little more vinegar. The more you use this product, the faster you will get rid of athlete's foot.
- Compress. You will need cotton or gauze folded into several layers. Wet the material with vinegar and completely cover the affected area of the foot. Put polyethylene and socks on top. Leave the compress for several hours or overnight. Then wash your feet with warm water and washing powder. The procedure is performed every day. The course of therapy is 20 days.
- You will need 1 bottle of glycerin and 70% food grade acetic acid. Preparation: pour half the glycerin and add the vinegar. Close the bottle and shake several times. Wash affected feet with tar soap, dry and lubricate with resulting product. Let your feet dry and wear clean socks. Lubricate your feet morning and night until the fungus completely disappears.
- Wash your feet in wine vinegar before bed. Wear socks soaked in vinegar overnight. Wash your feet in the morning with tar or washing powder.
Note that you should wash your hands thoroughly after treating the fungus with vinegar.
Treatment of foot fungus with folk remedies includes the use of Formidron. This medicine has bactericidal and deodorizing properties.
How to treat:
- Soak your feet in warm water and baking soda for 10 minutes.
- After the skin has vaporized, dry with a clean towel and let it dry.
- Lubricate the infected areas with the medicine.
- The product exposure time is 30 minutes. Then rinse your feet in warm running water.
If you have sensitive skin, the exposure time is 10-15 minutes.
Every folk remedy for foot fungus may have contraindications for use or cause side effects.
The treatment of foot fungus with folk remedies is prohibited:
- In case of allergic reaction.
- Formidron is contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The drug is toxic and can cause malformations.
- Vinegar, iodine and iodinol are used with caution in the treatment of children under 12 years of age. An allergy test is mandatory. Formidron is only allowed from age 12 onwards.
If, while using folk remedies for foot fungus, you notice itching, redness, or swelling of the skin, contact a medical facility immediately.